Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rock of Cashel and Blarney Castle




These two castles were a couple of the stops we took on our way down to Cork from Dublin. We stopped by Rock of Cashel first. I really enjoyed seeing the castle up on top of the hill (even with the scaffolding) and getting to walk around the ruins from the 12th/13th Century. The castle is said to be the site where St. Patrick converted the King to Catholicism.





Our next stop was the famous Blarney Castle/Stone. I wasn't expecting this to be too interesting because I had only heard bad things about it (Stupid Rick Steves). The castle and the grounds around were actually really cool and I even enjoyed the old man dangling me from my ankles to kiss the Blarney Stone. Unfortunately, my brother has all the pictures of my family kissing the stone so I have to make due with a picture of some random people waiting in line.

No comments: